2008 Advanced Accelerator Concepts Workshop
The Advanced Accelerator Concepts (AAC) Workshop is a biennial forum for discussions on advanced accelerator and beam physics and technology. It covers the wide range of advanced accelerator development, supporting future accelerator needs from High Energy Colliders to Synchrotron Radiation Sources. Topics include:
- New methods for particle acceleration to high energies
- Production of ultra-high accelerating fields to allow compact devices
- Advanced beam diagnostics and control
- Novel energy and beam sources
- Computational tools and techniques for modeling
Co-organized by UC Berkeley and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, the AAC08 Workshop was held at the Chaminade Conference Center in Santa Cruz, California from July 27 – August 2, 2008.
- 9/08 - Proceedings deadline extended to 9/29/2008.
- 9/04 - AAC prize award posted.
- 9/02 - Proceedings instructions and upload updated.
- 8/08 - Student awards posted
- 8/06 - Workshop photos posted
- 8/06 - Plenary talks linked from the Program. WG summaries posted as received.
- 7/25 - Reception moved from Sunday night to Monday afternoon and evening
- 6/13 - Day rate waived for those using alternate lodging
- 6/06 - Excursion information updated
- 6/02 - Students receiving support must submit posters
- 6/02 - Proceedings preparation information posted
2008 Advanced Accelerator Concepts Prize:
The conference included presentation of the 2008 Advanced Accelerator Concepts Prize, sponsored by Bergoz Inc., France. The 2008 prize was awarded to:
University of California, Los Angeles
for outstanding contributions to the science and technology of Advanced Accelerator Concepts.
Student poster award winners:
Working Group 1: Laser-plasma accelerators
Poster winner: Jens Osterhoff, MPQ
Working Group 2: Computation
Poster winner: Marwan Rihaoui, NIU
Working Group 3: High gradient & EM structure based accelerators
Poster winner: Feng Gao, ANL
Working Group 4: HEDP & exotic accelerator schemes
Poster winner: Andrey Knyazik, UCLA
Working Group 5: Electron beam driven plasma accelerators
Poster winner: Ian Blumenfeld, SLAC
Working Group 6: Beam & radiation generation, monitoring & control
Poster winner: Eric J. Montgomery, U. Maryland
Please note revised registration information due to high demand and limited capacity. See registration page for details.
- Application for invitation begins: January 30, 2008
- Application for invitation ends: March 14, 2008
- Early registration deadline: May 30, 2008
- Deadline for guaranteed registration for accepted applicants (after this, on a space available basis): June 6, 2008
- Deadline for cancelation of registration and hotel reservations: June 9, 2008
- Wait listed applicants notified of availability: June 10, 2008
- Deadline for hotel reservation with conference rate: June 13, 2008
- Abstract submission due: June 30, 2008
- Registration deadline for Wednesday excursions: June 30, 2008
- Online registration on space-available basis ends: July 18, 2008
- Proceedings papers due: September 8, 2008
Contact for more information
Olivia Wong, Workshop Secretary
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
One Cyclotron Road, MS 71J-100A, Berkeley, CA 94720
Phone: 510·486·4182; Fax: 510·495-2323
The meeting organizers gratefully acknowledge the support of: